You Teach Me Limited ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
We promise that we only deal with your data to help you use the site and we promise never to sell your data.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Information we may collect from you
The information we collect is different for different groups. It varies according to the way in which you interact with the site.
If you are a Parent or Carer
What data do we collect and store? If your child(ren) attends a subscribing school, you will have the option to enter your email address into notification area in your childís account. What do you need the data for? Once you enter your email address you will receive an email notification each time you are sent a new video to watch by the school. What do you do with the data? We use it for sending you email notifications only. How long do we store the data for? Until you choose to remove it, or your child(ren) leaves the school. You can remove your email address at any time. Removing your email address from the notification area will permanently delete all records of the address.
If you are a School
What data do we collect and store? When a school subscribes we collect and store information about both pupils and staff. Pupils: legal forename, middle name(s), legal surname, preferred forename, preferred surname, year group, unique pupil number, email address. Information relating to pupils is stored in an administration area that is accessible by school staff only. Staff who use the site: title, legal forename, middle name(s), legal surname, preferred forename, preferred surname, email address and job title. Staff who use the site and choose to contribute videos to the site: photograph, title, legal forename, middle name(s), legal surname, preferred forename, preferred surname, email address and job title. Information relating to staff is stored in our main administration area and is accessible to, and managed by, You Teach Me Ltd employees. What do you need the data for? We use the data to create unique accounts for staff and children. How long do we store the data for? Pupil data is permanently deleted once the child leaves the school or the school subscription period ends and is not renewed. Data for staff who have not contributed videos is deleted once their employment ends or the school subscription period ends and is not renewed. Data for staff who have contributed videos is retained for as long as their videos are in use on the site.
If you are a Teacher Training Provider
What data do we collect and store? When a provider subscribes we collect and store information about both trainees and staff. Trainees: title, forename, surname, email address. Staff: title, forename, surname, email address, job title. What do you need the data for? We use the data to create unique accounts for trainees and staff. How long do we store the data for? Data for trainees who have not contributed videos is deleted once their training ends or the provider subscription period ends and is not renewed. Data for trainees who have contributed In-School Videos (ISVís) only is deleted once their training ends or the provider subscription period ends and is not renewed. Data for trainees who have contributed All-School Videos (ASVís) videos is retained for as long as their videos are in use on the site. Data for staff who have not contributed videos is deleted once their employment ends or the school subscription period ends and is not renewed. Data for staff who have contributed videos is retained for as long as their videos are in use on the site.
If you are a video contributing teacher not working in a subscribing school:
What data do we collect and store? Photograph, title, legal forename, legal surname, date of birth, Teacher Reference number, email address, job title, school leaderís name, school leaderís email address, school name, school LA/DFE code. What do you need the data for? Firstly we use the information to establish that the person registering is a qualified teacher, working in a UK school. To confirm this we make safeguarding checks against publically available information from the Disclosure and Barring Service. We also email the personís school leader with a photograph and information about their intention to contribute video content to the site. What do you need the data for? We use the data to create a unique account for you to upload your videos to. How long do we store the data for? We retain the data for as long as their videos are in use on the site.
Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.YouTeachMe.co.uk (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion and when you report a problem with our site.
If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
2 We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Where we store your personal data
- 4.2Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
- 4.3The site is HTTPS certificated. Data transmitted through the site is encrypted. However, the storing of data, along with the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Use Made of the Information
- 5.1We use information held about you in the following ways:
- 5.1.1To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- 5.1.2To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- 5.1.3To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- 5.1.4To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so; or
- 5.1.5 To notify you about changes to our service.
- 5.2Where you have contributed content to our site, you acknowledge that this will be publically available on our site and we will also publish your name and details of your organisation.
- 5.3If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
- 5.4If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
- 5.5If you do not want us to use your data in the manner described in conditions 5.3 and 5, please let us know by emailing us at admin@YTMeducation.com
- 5.1We use information held about you in the following ways:
Disclosure of your Information
- 6.1We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
- 6.2We will disclose material you have contributed to the site (including images of you) to users of the Site and will also publish your name and details of your organisation.
- 6.3We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- 6.3.1In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets; and
- 7.1Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to InformationThe Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.